Terms & Conditions
Welcome to our online store.
By accessing or using our
website, you agree to the
T&c’s down below.
Terms & Conditions By accessing or using https://giftshopsa.co.za/ or any of its related blogs, websites, applications or platforms (collectively, “the Website”), owned by Laptop Online or any of its Services, you agree that you have read, understood and agree to be bound to the terms and conditions contained herein (“Terms”), in conjunction with any additional Laptop Online terms particularly applicable to you and the Services you utilise. All rights in and to the content of the Website always remain expressly reserved by Laptop Online . Please see Laptop Online distinct sections on Privacy, Intellectual Property, and Disclaimers & Indemnities Please pay specific attention to the BOLD paragraphs of the Laptop Online Terms. These paragraphs limit the risk or liability of Laptop Online, constitutes an assumption of risk or liability by you, impose an obligation by you to indemnify Laptop Online or is an acknowledgement of any fact by you.
- Please read these terms carefully before accessing or using the Website or Services. Laptop Online will assume you have read and understood these terms should you continue to access or make use of the Website.
- Please also see our distinct additional policies including our Pricing Policy, Refund & Cancellation Policy and Delivery Policy.
- The terms “user“, “you” and “your” are used interchangeably in these Terms and refer to all persons accessing the Website or using the Services for any reason whatsoever. Accordingly, the terms “us”, “our” or “we” refers to Laptop Online or its possession.
- Not all terms are necessarily defined in order.
- These terms were last updated on 1 July 2023.
- INTRODUCTION TO THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES
- RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE PARTIES
- USER REGISTRATION PROCESS
- THE SERVICES
- PAYMENT FOR Laptop Online PRODUCTS
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO Laptop Online's SERVICES
- USER RESPONSIBILITIES AND WARRANTIES
- KYC AND AML REQUIREMENTS
- RECEIPT AND TRANSMISSION OF DATA MESSAGES
- HYPERLINKS, DEEP LINKS, FRAMING
- ADVERTISING AND SPONSORSHIP
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION
- DISCLAIMERS AND WARRANTIES
- COMPANY INFORMATION
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND GOVERNING LAW
- TERMINATION OF USE OF WEBSITE OR SERVICES
- NOTICES AND SERVICE ADDRESS
- Please note that Laptop Online is a private limited liability company duly registered and operating in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
- Please ensure that you read all the provisions below, and our other Laptop Online rules and policies which may apply from time to time and made available to you, to understand all of your, and our, rights and duties.
- Full name of legal entity: Laptop Online
- Name or title of data representative: Lizette Pretorius
- Email address: info@Laptop Online.co.za
- Telephone number: 0860 666 848
- The data we collect about you
- How is your personal data collected?
- How we use your personal data
- Disclosures of your personal data
- Express Cookies provision
- International transfers
- Data security
- Data retention
- Your legal rights
- Your legal rights
- All quotes will remain valid for a period of 24 hours from the date of the quote or until the date of issue of a new price, whichever occurs first. The validity of any price is subject to availability and to any increases in the cost price, including currency fluctuations, of Laptop Online before dispatch of goods.
- The Customer hereby confirms that the goods and services on the Tax invoice issued duly represent the goods and services ordered by the Customer at the prices agreed to by the Customer and where performance/delivery has already taken place that the services and goods were inspected and that the Customer is satisfied that these conform in all respects to the quality and quantity ordered and are free from any visible defects.
- All goods invoiced out for evaluation, approval or on a demonstration basis by the Customer are deemed sold if not returned within 5 working days of issue.
- The Customer agrees to the standard prices of Laptop Online for any goods purchased or services rendered, as published in its ruling price list.
- If at any time any amount of money due by the Customer to Laptop Online is overdue for payment, Laptop Online shall be entitled to suspend all deliveries to the Customer until all amounts are paid or, at the election of Laptop Online, to cancel all outstanding orders in either of which events the Customer shall have no claim against Laptop Online.
- Prices are represented in South African Rand.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- In the case of repairs undertaken by Laptop Online, repair times given are merely estimates and are not binding on Laptop Online; time is not of the essence of this agreement unless expressly agreed upon in writing by Laptop Online. Laptop Online shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature which the Customer may suffer as a result of any unforeseen costs and/or delayed repairs.
- A full fault description must be completed to enable technical department to test and verify fault.
- All defective merchandise returned to Laptop Online must be returned with all cables, power supplies, documentation etc.
- Laptop Online is not responsible for the cost of returning any products to Laptop Online offices. For your protection, please insure the package and ship via a traceable method. Laptop Online is not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- If any of the above conditions are not met, Laptop Online reserves the right either to refuse the return, or to charge a restock fee of not less than 15%.
- Acceptance of Products: Laptop Online shall conduct incoming acceptance inspection as soon as possible on receipt of products.
- Any delivery notes or waybill or invoice (copy or original) signed by the Customer or a third party engaged to transport the goods and held by Laptop Online shall be prima facie proof that delivery was made to the Customer and are in accordance with the quality and quantity reflected thereon.
- All orders and variations to orders are subject to these terms and conditions. Only written orders and variations to orders will be accepted by Laptop Online. This notwithstanding, Laptop Online may, at its sole discretion, elect to accept and act upon telephonic orders and any variations to orders. Laptop Online however reserves the right to refuse delivery or collection of any order until placed in possession of a written order form.
- Laptop Online shall be entitled to split the delivery of goods ordered in the quantities and on the dates, it decides with the prior consent of the Customer, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld.
- Laptop Online shall be entitled to invoice and deliver each order separately.
- The risk of damage to or destruction of goods is passed to the Customer on signature of the delivery receipt upon delivery to the Customer or the Customer’s nominated representative and the Customer undertakes to insure the goods fully until paid for in full.
- Laptop Online is hereby authorized to engage a third party on its behalf and on the terms deemed fit by Laptop Online to transport all goods purchased.
- If the Customer chooses to engage in its own third party to transport the goods, the Customer indemnifies Laptop Online against any claims of whatsoever nature that may arise from such an agreement.
- Delivery, installation, commencement and performance times that are given are merely estimates and are not binding on Laptop Online. Laptop Online warrants that it will use its best endeavours to meet such delivery times; time is not of the essence of this agreement unless expressly agreed upon in writing by Laptop Online. Laptop Online shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature which the Customer may suffer as a result of any incorrect or delayed delivery, tampering of installation, commencement or performance.
- Invoices and deliveries will only be processed once payment has been cleared in Laptop Online account.
- Deliveries will be scheduled in accordance with the weekly delivery schedule.
- Stock shortages may result in delays or part delivery of orders.
- Public holidays or extraordinary events may result in a temporary adjustment of the delivery schedule
- Proof of Identification may be requested from the party collecting an order, please ensure that an original Driver’s license or Certified Identity document is available.
- Please wait for confirmation of available stock from your sales rep prior to arranging collection.
- By default, parcels will be sent with the most cost-effective service, unless otherwise specified by the customer.
- Orders with a value of R2,000 excl. VAT will be delivered with the most cost-effective service at no charge.
- The customer may select a faster delivery service and will be charged for this accordingly.
- Extra surcharges will be for the customer’s account (e.g. fuel, outlying area, and drive away surcharge fees).
- Delivery charges for every service are quoted during the checkout process and will be added to the invoice where applicable.
- Delivery times are estimated and not a guarantee of the delivery date.